3.11.2012

A Little More to the Light, Please

"You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation." Numerous websites on the Internet allege that Greek philosopher Plato made this statement, which I regard as highly unlikely. But in any case, the thought itself has some merit. And in accordance with your current astrological omens, I will make it your motto for the week. This is an excellent time to learn more about and become closer to the people you care for, and nothing would help you accomplish that better than getting together for intensive interludes of fooling around and messing around and horsing around. ~ Plato to Playdoh

I often observe parents who have not been gifted a child with special needs. As I watch them interacting, many times, the entire miracle of the child is overlooked because the kid was talking too loudly or maybe running instead of walking or, sometimes, narrating the world when they need to focus on, say, eating. No always pretty. Not all parents. I love to also watch the fooling and horsing around that happens between families. It's so delightful. I smile thinking of it. But a child that is happy and healthy (in spite of all the rules and regulations imposed on them) is God in motion.

But God is found everywhere.

Lately, I had been blindly making my way through the maze of adolescent autism. Like any teenager, there's been rebellion. But it's been a bit more intense than your neuro-typical teen. No details. That would be an invasion but I can say that I lost ground. It's the by-product of being overwhelmed. And it happened in increments this judging myself in the choices I was making for him trying to pick and choose my battles. Mainly, diet. He can be rigid and stubborn. But like everything, I'm learning I had to surrender. I kept thinking I was but I wasn't. I was holding fast to a sense of failure. So, the other day, I finally let go. I just asked the Universe to bring back in the playfulness. The Joy. You know, that stuff before it all got so serious. Before it all became so apparent that significant change was happening.

So, out of the blue...

I get a call from Kristy. I know many Kristies so I begin my hellos thinking I'll figure out which one she is by our conversation. I know I could just ask but where's the fun in that? So, Kristy asks, What do you think? I'm thinking, give me a little more than that to work with. Of course, I tell her I'm trying not to. She laughs and, I realize, her voice is not familiar. She tells me she's just checking in because many people have been very happy and she was hoping I'd been happy, too. I was compelled to say, I wish my son was happier. And she asks if the sprays aren't working.

Ahhhh....

I know who Kristy is. She's from a lab that creates products for holistic detoxing. Right. And I realize she is talking about two product that I purchased that I had barely used. There was a protocol in using them that I was failing to train (for lack of a better word) my son to follow because his diet had become questionable. I had put him back into school part-time, looking for a little reprieve. There ensued issues that came home. I knew that would happen. So, it was me and no fault of the faculty that adores him. However, Kristy was calling to say that I didn't need to follow the protocol and that they've had success detoxing in spite of diet.

Hmmmm...

Homeschooling now, I've a young woman that I really like helping us. She came aboard before I got the call. It's only been a week but we both see significant changes. Less frustration. Less food resistance. More language. More smiles. More sleep. More curiosity. Most of all, more playfulness.

Basically, more Light.

PS: I love today's (3/12/12) LOA quote & one reason I did not actually name the products as I am still in the process of "manifesting joy" using them but will as I continue to see evidence of alignment with my desire for his happiness:

"Is this pill really an effective pill? Is this process really an effective process?"

Anything that causes you to allow what you desire is the process of coming into alignment. And so, we're not, in any way, validating or invalidating anything.

Many offer their "dog and pony show" as being the one that works. And good for all of them. We applaud anything that assists someone in allowing the Well-being, that they so much want and deserve, to flow.