3.31.2010

Kickin' All The Way Back To The 4th Grade

"If I could reach up and hold a star for every time you made me smile, the entire evening sky would be in the palm of my hand." ---Unknown

I adore my friends. I offer up love and gratitude to those that challenge me to be better than I am in This Moment and those that love me unconditionally in Any Moment. I need both. It's a gift to understand myself better through them Right Now. Which is all we ever really have...so I'm trying to keep things delicious while not making life bitter for others. It happens and I'm sorry.

I'm really blessed to have, in my life, so many humans being and becoming. It's in the contrast of those personalities that I find myself gaining clarity in what it means to be a friend. I was given the chance to sorta start from scratch. And I LOVED it. I spent more than a full day with a girlfriend I had not seen or really written to since the 4th Grade. Think: Jimmy Carter, Rocky and, apparently, the class that saw Apple graduate the computer into the world of sales by a seriously sexy Steve Jobs. That was a good year. Yes. We dwell in an expanding Universe. I've my iPhone to prove it. And Steve has his bifocals.

Anyway, we decided to have a lunch date. Though my memory is rusty of anything close, I liken this to a blind date or some third-party hookup where you're not sure you're going to like the guy so best to keep it simple and under 45 minutes. Well, 45 minutes turned into 15 hours. Noon to 3 a.m. to be exact. There wasn't a dull moment. There were a few tears as we both have lived intense moments within our timelines but there was much more laughter which is a staple in my "Turning Back the Clock" regiment which reminds me I did throw in my 20 Minute Power Nap which is another staple in the regiment. Being the same age, my friend also indulged. Quickly rested, we went back to laughing our asses off...a good way to tone those glutes, btw.

Though we had a ton of differences, our focus was always on what we shared in common. Delightfully, and as all good co-creation should be, we contemplated how the renewed awareness of each other would enhance our own being and becoming. I think that is friendship at its finest. Support is a remarkable force when it's backed with a sincere desire for your success. Success being anything from waking up each morning happy to having your wildest dreams met. Yeah, we got into some seriously deep philosophy but really, in all honesty, we just kept giving our glutes a massive work-out! Ha.