10.24.2010

Let Her Rest

At New York's Museum of Modern Art, I brought my (exhausted) face





















within a few inches of Vincent van Gogh's painting The Starry Night. It looked delicious. I wanted to kiss it.

zombie love Pictures, Images and Photos

I wanted to eat it. Its stars were throbbing and voluptuous. The night sky shimmered with spiral currents. In the foreground, the cypress tree flared like a shadowy flame.



I could also see that the artist had been less than thorough in applying his paint. Especially on the edges, but also in the middle of the painting, slivers of untouched canvas showed through. Fierce, innocent, nourishing, reckless, unfinished, this priceless work drank my attention for a long time, constantly refreshing my eyes with its ceaseless movement.


Can you be at peace with the fact that your masterpiece may always be unfinished? ~Grave Rob-ber


I am so down with that...zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz!