11.19.2011

Only Make Believe



“Surely there is grandeur in knowing that in the realm of thought, at least, you are without a chain; that you have the right to explore all heights and depth; that there are no walls nor fences, nor prohibited places, nor sacred corners in all the vast expanse of thought.” ~ Robert Green Ingersoll

All the power we will ever have is in the telling of our stories. Aloud or quietly to ourselves, it doesn't matter. This has been the great lesson for me. Professing to be a writer, I attempt to breathe life into the nonexistent while completely ignoring my own existence. Had I not created this sacred space to toil with my story, I know I would not be where I am today. Though I'm reassured that I am exactly where I need to be in this moment there is the knowing with all lessons come tests. Those tests inspire me to tell a continuing story of improvement while making peace with "what is."

Eventually, I'll gratitude* to a higher understanding.

For now, when there's a dissolution, so many elements come into play. I'm telling an improved story that those elements dissolve and hearts soften. That there will be an embracing of how and where I want to raise the children. There will an calm understanding of my leaving a business partnership completely. That, with ease, as I stay optimistic, all requests will fall into place as I trust The Universe to conspire to meet the visions that I have for myself and my children. I'll keep it all general for now knowing The Unknown is a brilliant mind reader...

...heart reader...soul reader...I just have to keep writing.

*LoveYouAutoCorrect: Graduate though gratitude also applies!