12.27.2011

Joy Flowing Under All Conditions

I have not missed his voice. Each word out of his mouth drowns, in direct proportion, a thought in my own brain. The muscle memory of my mind begins the distortion of warping what I think into what he thinks should be thought. His voice loud like the 6pm news broadcasting a frequency of what is wrong in the world. And of me in it. For a moment I'm an auto-bot. Then I remember the illusion. I remember the strands of a covenant invisibly woven between us. An agreement. I remember he and his words and his actions are in service to me. What I choose stays and what does not matter does not form into matter. His eyes are blue and his mouth is moving. I hear nothing but a small voice inside of me wondering if we have played this game before and if his eyes had been a different color and if I had become this good at winning.

"The person that needs to do something is not that person. The person that needs to do something is you! Some of those people in your life do not deserve your good thoughts. In other words, "They are bad. They are evil. They are wrong! They are inappropriate. They do not deserve your good thoughts," and you stubbornly are not going to give them any. They may not deserve your good thoughts. But you do. You deserve your good thoughts about them. This is what the Art of Allowing is. It's allowing my own Well-being." ~ Abraham