11.10.2009

Finding Life Becoming...

I've become a good friend to myself.

Become.

Sometimes words take on their own life. To me, this word resonates of stillness and movement. To be. To come. As if I've been standing in the same place while walking towards it. I am full circle though the ride has taken over two and a half decades filled with the contrasting emotions of joy and sadness, courage and fear. The landscape of all that I have lived merges forward and in my stillness I allow, with most deliberate thought, a small change in my stance guiding new movement in a slightly different direction. Someday, my feet will have marked another circle full of all that I have chosen to walk through. However it unfolds, instead of a surprised appearance at my back, I'll have arms extended waiting to embrace the next slight turn in direction.