11.06.2009

Tenfold: #3

I can't sleep. And it's so very late...early...both? This takes me back to the time, so long ago, when my son couldn't sleep either. It was one of the earliest symptoms. The exhausting difficulty of containing his hyperactive bouts of nocturnal robustness. I wonder how many days were strung together the longest? I never counted but there were stints where I never got more than one or two hours of rest at night. My memory is failing me in specifics right now and I thank it for that. One can feel very alone in the dark but it was in those late night marathons that I would research. And the curse became its own blessing. As he began to sleep, I had this encouraging sensation of having power over this thing that kept inducing a sense of powerlessness in me. Maybe I was just getting some rapid eye movement. I just know something in me was healing, too. And there is nothing I need more right now than a dose of healing. So, I should probably attempt to get a little R.E.M. and Level 4. Goodnight...good morning...both?