4.05.2010

Day 5

BLOG CHALLENGE

Your favorite quote:

Keep me away from the wisdom which does not cry, the philosophy which does not laugh and the greatness which does not bow before children. -- Kahlil Gibran

A funny but lovely thing happened recently, a little girl asked me for my autograph. She was French and was certain I was someone. I didn't understand who I was supposed to be. Thankfully, from the look on her mother's face she understood that I didn't understand yet the little girl was insistent. I speculated that this wise mother and I had something in common: A very special child. So, I humbly bowed. Later, I started to recount the story to someone and immediately wished I hadn't said anything. You gave her your autograph? I dropped the conversation. I almost questioned myself before remembering the smile that her mother and I shared. But this story reminds me of another quote I love:

Do good by stealth, and blush to find it fame. -- Alexander Pope

I'll work on that.

Day 06 — Whatever tickles your fancy