7.21.2012

The Only Story

The only relationship that is ever going to be meaningful is the relationship you have with yourself.

Adding, of course:
A relationship is two people who agree, two people who like each other's stories. We call it “love".

~ Byron Katie

Someone asked me what I thought it meant to have a relationship with yourself. Good question. I don't know many people in love with themselves.

Sometime ago, I mentioned that I had found a woman to work with my son and me. Well, it didn't work out. I think she was intimidated. Can't blame her. Life as-is can be an emotional rollercoaster and it requires some steadiness in character. And flexibility. So, I gave up looking for someone to replace her. I hesitate bring anyone in to my world thinking they might be better served elsewhere. But my 'I'll do it myself' mentality doesn't always serve me. The Universe knows this and guided me to the cafe not long ago where I met the most gorgeous little 18 month old. She was ready to play. So play we did. Her mother: