5.03.2010

How Telling

Start telling a better-feeling story about the things that are important to you. Do not write your story like a factual documentary, weighing all the pros and cons of your experience, but instead tell the uplifting, fanciful, magical story of the wonder of your own life and watch what happens. -- Those Guys, Again


I did this today. There was nothing to lose.

The morning was not going well. Things were not falling into place. Plus, there was a stat-icky vibration lingering around me. The kind that won't give you your space. The kind that really belongs to someone else and you've just thought too much about their words or ways to shake it off so you're attracting it like polyester.

My friend and I have been waiting on a date to proceed in the dissolution of our illusion. And it has not happen. I was to hear word today. Nothing. Both frustrated, we began downshifting instead of uplifting. I hung up from that conversation knowing I was really going to have to -- let go and let God...and I'm certain he was needing to do the same of me...

So I began my story:
Today is one of the most glorious days I have ever lived. My friend is so wonderful. I am amazed by what a fantastic human being he is. I have been so lucky to have him in my life the way I have and now I am so lucky to have him in my life in this new way. I know that all that must be done related to this transition is happening and that I will see results soon. I know that whatever I have to do for that to happen will appear easily at my finger tips. I know this will all move quickly because Love is guiding it. I can see him happily moving forward and I support that and I see him supporting me moving forward in my happiness. I know that what is meant to be is a result of deliberate creating. I ask for swift resolve.

By the end of my story, I knew everything was true. At least about my friend. And I felt peace so I decided to do little things around the house and forget the big things. Two hours later, he calls to say a friend of the family would take care of everything. We would have to come to them, however. It would be quite a drive but it turns out that's the beautiful thing as my daughter will be close by with open loving arms and a comfy sofa with my name on it!

Ah, God Is Good.